Fire

Fire claims family home in Narere

A 4-bedroom house belonging to a 62-year-old retired school teacher of Vama’s Place, Narere was completely destroyed by fire this morning.Police have reported that no one was injured during the fire. WEICAVU: “Fire is believed to have started from the kitchen after a pot of yams cooked with firewood was left unattended. We again wish […]

Staff Writers

May 8, 2016 2:07 pm

A 4-bedroom house belonging to a 62-year-old retired school teacher of Vama’s Place, Narere was completely destroyed by fire this morning.Police have reported that no one was injured during the fire.

WEICAVU: “Fire is believed to have started from the kitchen after a pot of yams cooked with firewood was left unattended.

We again wish to advise members of the public not to leave their cooking unattended. Structural fire is on the rise and most of these fires could be prevented should we all careful enough in to prevent them. Fire safety should be a priority in your homes always. Remember a single tiny match stick can destroy your dreams and your lifetime effort if you are not careful with it.

Inspector Weicavu added that police is advising the general public to be mindful of their properties.

WEICAVU: “It is heart breaking and always painful to see someone loses his property like this hence, we request you to be mindful of the safety of your homes in future.”

What do you think? Leave a comment below.