Local companies awarded multi-million streetlights tender
The Fiji Roads Authority has awarded contracts for the maintenance of Fiji’s streetlights to four local contractors.
FRA CEO, Mr John Hutchinson said the immediate priority for the new contractors were to attend to approximately 500 outstanding calls over the next three weeks.
“The FRA has over 9000 streetlights around Fiji, and as a result, the streetlights maintenance contracts have been packaged in seven clusters covering different areas throughout Fiji, and the contracts are being let for one year,”
Mr Hutchinson said the process had taken longer than anticipated but “the decisions were transparent and the people of Fiji were receiving the best possible value for money.”
The companies are:
- Suva – Power Electric Limited
- Lautoka – Pacific Electric
- Tavua, Ba and Rakiraki – Engineer Procure Construct
- Labasa and Savusavu – Tanoa Electrical Works
- Nasinu, Nausori and Levuka – Engineer Procure Construct
- Lami, Deuba and Navua – Power Electric Limited
- Nadi and Sigatoka – Pacific Electric
The 2016/16 National Budget allocation for the Streetlights programme:
- Maintenance – $4.3 million
- Renewals – $3.2 million
- New Capitals – $10.7 million
The public can call FRA on 5720 to log street light faults.