Police

Nadi woman in hospital after kerosene stove falls on her

A 33-year-old woman from Navakai in Nadi has been admitted to the Burns Unit at Lautoka Hospital after she sustained burns when a kerosene stove fell on her. Police Spokesperson Inspector Josaia Weicavu said the incident occurred yesterday morning. The woman was cooking when the incident occurred and she was rushed to Nadi Hospital soon […]

Peni Shute

March 21, 2016 2:46 pm

A 33-year-old woman from Navakai in Nadi has been admitted to the Burns Unit at Lautoka Hospital after she sustained burns when a kerosene stove fell on her.

Police Spokesperson Inspector Josaia Weicavu said the incident occurred yesterday morning.

The woman was cooking when the incident occurred and she was rushed to Nadi Hospital soon after the incident before being later transferred to Lautoka Hospital. She sustained 23% burns and remains admitted at the Burns Unit, Lautoka Hospital.

Investigations continue into the matter.

What do you think? Leave a comment below.