Police

3-bedroom house burnt down, police advise vigilance

A three bedroom house belonging to a 72-year-old retired worker was completely burnt to the ground with all its contents destroyed late last night at a village in Ra. In a statement issued by Police, Police Spokesperson, Inspector Josaia Weicavu said the fire is alleged to have been caused by a candle that was lit […]

Staff Writers

March 11, 2016 12:07 pm

A three bedroom house belonging to a 72-year-old retired worker was completely burnt to the ground with all its contents destroyed late last night at a village in Ra.

In a statement issued by Police, Police Spokesperson, Inspector Josaia Weicavu said the fire is alleged to have been caused by a candle that was lit in the house and placed in a plastic cup.

People are reminded to be vigilant about flammable products or when lighting such sources during this power blackout experienced in their community.

Inspector Weicavu said members of the public are to be vigilant while the supply of power are still being restored to some parts of Fiji.

We wish to remind the general public to be vigilant and mindful of their safety during this time of power blackout. There are still some parts of the country without the supply of power and we wish to remind the public to practice safety at this time.

What do you think? Leave a comment below.