Sexual Abuse

8-yr-old alleged rape victim discharged from Labasa hospital

The 8-year-old boy who was admitted at the Labasa hospital after being allegedly raped by a 13-year-old boy was discharged this afternoon. This was confirmed by Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro. NAISORO: “Yes, he (8-year-old boy) has been discharged. We cannot divulge any other information because we have to protect his integrity. The 13-year-old is still […]

Salote Qalubau

July 22, 2016 4:54 pm

The 8-year-old boy who was admitted at the Labasa hospital after being allegedly raped by a 13-year-old boy was discharged this afternoon.

This was confirmed by Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro.

NAISORO: “Yes, he (8-year-old boy) has been discharged. We cannot divulge any other information because we have to protect his integrity. The 13-year-old is still being questioned with the relevant authorities because he is a juvenile, all necessary steps are being taken.”

Police investigations are underway into a case where a 13-year-old allegedly raped an 8-year-old boy.

Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro said the incident happened at a hostel in Vanua Levu.

NAISORO: “The report was launched at the Nabouwalu police station. It is alleged that the incident happened sometimes earlier this month.”

Naisoro said the victim is still admitted at the Labasa Hospital.

What do you think? Leave a comment below.