Property

Two men charged for burning 300 tonnes of sugarcane

Two men will appear the Labasa Magistrates Court for their alleged involvement in the burning of 300 tonnes of sugarcane belonging to a 49-year-old farmer of Waiqele, Labasa. Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro said the duo have been both been charged with one count of setting fire to crops. NAISORO: “On the same token Chief Operations Officer ACP […]

Nacanieli Tuilevuka

June 3, 2016 12:15 pm

Two men will appear the Labasa Magistrates Court for their alleged involvement in the burning of 300 tonnes of sugarcane belonging to a 49-year-old farmer of Waiqele, Labasa.

Police spokesperson Ana Naisoro said the duo have been both been charged with one count of setting fire to crops.

NAISORO: “On the same token Chief Operations Officer ACP Rusiate Tudravu has directed officers to work with sugarcane farmers during this harvesting season to avoid the occurrence of cane burnings as there is often a spike in reports during this period.”

Naisoro said the incident was reported on the 27th of last month at about 7:00 pm.

What do you think? Leave a comment below.